Friday, September 13, 2013

Excitement!!!

 
 
You know that you've had a good but full day when you fall asleep while typing your blog. I woke up this morning refreshed with my laptop still next to me in bed.
 
I'm so excited right now. All the coworkers (interns) are here now so we have been in planning meetings for the year. The more I learn about how the program works the more excited I am for the year.
Camphill is putting a learning program together for the younger members of the community who are under 25. Its a bit like IEPs where we write and create goals to work towards with the individuals. The staff are giving me the chance to set up Lisa's goals and to put them into motion. I have so many ideas when I work one-on-one. I love problem solving and finding ways to let people show their strengths and to give them the chance to be as independent as possible. Usually there is not enough time or freedom to try them but this time I can. :) I have a year to help an already amazing person show what she can do. I can't think of a better way to spend a year. :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment