Friday, September 20, 2013

Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!

Today was so amazing!!!

This morning, one of the classes from St. Francis came to visit. I knew all the teachers that came and most of the students. They were excited to see me. :) It was really nice talking to Elaine who is from my class I taught in. She said that hopefully my class is going to come for a visit in a week or two! It was very cool seeing the graduated students show their old classmates around the land.

In the afternoon, I made a trip to Tralee with two other co-workers to apply for our visas. I was a bit nervous if I would get it, but guess what!!! I'm official! I even have a card with my face on it to prove it. :) I'm definitely breathing better knowing that I can stay instead of being shipped out of town.

But the absolute and most fantastic part of the whole day happened when we dropped off Lisa to her mom. As we stood next to the car talking to her mother, Lisa walked over to me and gave me a big hug. I realize it might not seem like a big deal, but she doesn't initiate contact with others very often especially not with a hug. So for her to give me one, was an amazing thing and it means the world to me. I've had a lot happening this week, I've been trying hard to learn everything and trying to be more help then a hindrance. In a way, Lisa hugging me was her way of saying I am enough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment